Maura H. Horan
Direct: (860) 275-6889
Main: (860) 275-6888
Fax: (860) 275-6884
Ms. Horan practices in the areas of commercial leasing and real estate and mortgage transactions and civil litigation. She represents landlords owning large retail shopping centers, national and regional banks, private lending institutions and national and local companies. Ms. Horan’s civil litigation practice involves matters including contract disputes, replevin actions, loan enforcement, commercial foreclosures, tax appeals and landlord-tenant proceedings.
Ms. Horan’s practice also includes the negotiation and drafting of retail, office and restaurant leases, property management agreements, broker agreements and construction contracts. She also represents private companies and financial institutions in real estate mortgage transactions.
Ms. Horan has served the State of Connecticut through gubernatorial appointments to statewide commissions. Currently, Ms. Horan is a member of the Criminal Justice Commission which is responsible for the appointment of state prosecutors in Connecticut. Ms. Horan also served as Chair of the State Advisory Council on Children and Families and was a member of the Twenty-First Century Action Plan Commission.
• Connecticut State Bar, 1988
• U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut, 1990
• University of California, San Diego, B.A., cum laude, 1984
• University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D., 1988
Professional Activities and Memberships
• Criminal Justice Commission, 2007 – present
• Member, State Advisory Council on Children and Families, 2002-2005
- Chair, 2004-2005
• Member, Connecticut Twenty-First Century Action Plan Commission, 1999
• Member, Connecticut Bar Association
• Member, Hartford County Bar Association